I love making homemade gifts and tend to go into overdrive at Christmas. In October this year I went to the By Word of Mouth and Macaroon Festive Workshop and left with some fabulous ideas for homemade gifts, wrapping and decor.
The recipe I’m sharing today is an adapted version of the Cinnamon Toasted Almonds recipe they shared. They make a great present, hostess gift, or nibble to serve over the festive season (plus your house will smell amazing when you make them!).
I’ve packaged my roasted pecan into pretty Consol glass jars with a ribbon and a star Christmas decoration, ready to add a gift tag and go (I love these Blankspace DIY gift tags from the pretty blog).
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan nuts
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat egg white until frothy.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add nuts and stir to coat.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, all spice and salt and stir to coat.
- Spread out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times (they stick a little to the paper, give them a stir to loosen and ensure they're evenly toasted).
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
If you prefer savoury, try these savoury & spicy roasted almonds.