For this months Recipe ReDux we are giving the delivery guy a day off! Whether it is for Friday Fun Night with the kids, a pizza chef competition among friends, or for Super Bowl Sunday (celebrated in America on February 2) the recipe redux’ers are sharing their healthy pizza recipes that we can all look forward to after a long week…or a long day.
This theme is right up my alley, and in fact, something we’ve been doing at home for a while. Not only is it a great, easy dinner, but it is also a lovely way to use up leftover bits and pieces from the week (that little bit of mince, few slices of sandwich ham, handful of salad greens…). This version offers a fraction of the usual fat content and greatly reduces the total carbohydrate content. Made by assembling leftovers and ready-made items, not only will each family member be able to customise their dinner, but it will be ready quicker than the delivered takeaway version!
- 1 ready-made wholewheat wrap
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 slices parma ham, roughly chopped with scissors
- 5-6 baby tomatoes, diced
- ricotta cheese, as desired
- rocket leaves, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place your wrap on an oven tray. Spread with tomato puree and top with the parma ham, baby tomatoes and dollops of ricotta cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with roughly torn rocket.
lean, shaved ham + green peppers + mushrooms + dash of cheese
sliced tomatoes + olives + basil leaves + reduced fat feta cheese
grilled chicken + red peppers + avocado + dash of cheese
extra lean mince (cooked) + red peppers + chillies + dash of cheese
lean, shaved ham + pineapple (tinned) + dash of cheese
beetroot slices + walnut halves + ricotta cheese
grilled chicken + peppadews + dash of cheese
spinach + olives + reduced fat feta cheese