Menu planning has some great benefits. Planning your dinners for the week ahead will:
– Reduce food waste: menu planning means you will only buy the food, and more importantly, the quantities you really need. This in turn will save you money.
– Help you to eat healthier by including variety in your diet through the week.
– Help you to plan ahead for busy days: making you are less likely to have to resort to eating out, ordering takeaways or buying a processed ready-made meal at the last minute.
– Save you time: you will be able to shop less often and you will be less likely to forget anything at the supermarket. You may also plan to buy your grocery needs on the way home from work and you will not have to make a separate trip. This can also save you money, since there aren’t those extra impulse buys with each shopping trip.
– Reduce stress at dinner time: you will know what you are having for dinner and will not have the worry of ‘what are we having for dinner tonight?’ each day.
To help you along, download my free, printable weekly dinner planner, stick it to your fridge and get planning!