This recipe is from the August 2012 issue of Today’s Diet & Nutrition magazine “Potato Salad Hold the Mayo” article (adapted slightly). This dish is perfect as we enjoy Spring and going into Summer and makes a great side for picnic’s, braai’s and mid-week meals – my other half and I LOVED it! Here is the recipe:
- 1 kg baby, new potatoes
- 1 tin (400 g tin, 240 g drained weight) artichokes, roughly chopped
- 4 red peppers
- ½ cup of kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and let the potatoes simmer until fork tender (about 15 minutes).
- While the potatoes are boiling, clean and cut the red peppers into quarters. Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C until tender and the skin has blistered (about 20 - 25 minutes). Peel the skin of the red peppers and cut them into bite-sized chunks.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and let them cool. When they are cool enough to handle, cut or break the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, artichokes, red peppers, olives and olive oil and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.