We moved home at the beginning of December, so for a while there we were bumbling along on minimal kitchenware (everything was packed) and then quick to throw together meals along with lots of dinners at my moms.
We are now all settled in to the new house, and I’m back in the swing of weeknight meals and weekend food prep. I am delighted with my bigger kitchen and double eye-level oven (with 2 shelves – this is a big deal in my life). December was a big month for me, we moved and I turned the big 3-0, so I christened the oven by baking a cake (it turned out great, yippie!). But my first oven meal in the new house was this honey mustard chicken casserole. I love that with mere minutes of prep, you leave this dish to marinade, then pop in the oven, set a timer and carry on with your day – and wait for the delicious cooking smells to begin wafting through your kitchen – bliss.
- 1 small-medium onion, sliced
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the onion, chicken, honey and mustard in a casserole dish and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast (lid off) for 50 minutes.