Delicious served warm with roasted veg or cold with a mixed salad, crustless quiche ditches the high fat pastry shell to focus on the good bit – the yummy filling…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 200 g pack lean bacon (all visible fat removed), diced
- 200 g mushrooms, diced ( about ⅔rd of a punnet)
- ½ a green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper, to season
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Individually sauté the chopped bacon, mushrooms, green pepper and onion (in a dash of olive oil).
- Combine the cooked ingredients in a pie dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the milk, eggs, mustard, parsley and flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk mixture over the cooked ingredients.
- Top with the grated cheese and bake at 180°C for 45 minutes, until set.