The theme for this month’s Recipe ReDux is Sheet Pan Meals:
We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!) Show us your healthy take on a sheet pan meal.
It’s getting freaky, I’m starting to think the Recipe ReDux team are reading my mind – sheet pan meals or traybakes along with bulk prepared frozen meals are pretty much all we’ve been managing on the cooking front since Baby H was born!
This recipe is based on a really yummy Mary Berry roasted pork sausage dish my mom made us in the early days when we got home from the hospital. I’ve tweaked her recipe to ReDux it and am very happy with the resulting dish. I hope you enjoy this quick, easy weeknight meal and the minimal resulting dishes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 16 chicken sausages
- 100 g green beans
- 200 ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to season
- Halve the potatoes, deseed and slice the peppers and slice the onion into long strips.
- Combine all the ingredients except the stock and green beans, place on an oven tray or sheet pan in one even layer, make sure the sausages aren't covered. Prick each sausage with a fork.
- Roast at 200°C for 30-35 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove from the oven, turn the sausages, toss the veggies, add the green beans and pour in the stock. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes (or until browned and the sausages are cooked through and the potatoes tender.
Be sure to check out what other Recipe ReDuxers have cooked up this month (link below)