This is a dish my mom has been making ever since I can remember. This for me is real comfort food. It is perfect for a mid-week meal: not too many ingredients, not much prep time and quick to cook. I have given this recipe a healthy makeover, switching sour cream for plain fat-free yoghurt, and if you ask me the dish is no worse off for the substitution – it was DELICIOUS! So, here is the recipe:
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless, deboned)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) fat-free plain yoghurt
- 1 heaped teaspoon corn flour /maizena
- Finely chop the onion.
- Cube the chicken breasts.
- Brown the onions in olive oil.
- Add the chicken and brown.
- Add the chicken stock, paprika and salt. Gently simmer to thicken the sauce and cook the chicken through.
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt and corn flour.
- Add the yoghurt mixture to the chicken. Stir to combine and serve.