I am always on the look out for healthy, tasty chicken dishes. Made with pantry staples that I usually have on hand and quick to prepare – this recipe is perfect a for mid-week meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 deboned, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tin tomatoes, chopped or pureed (according to your preference)
- ½ teaspoon dried oreganum
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Brown the cubed chicken.
- Add the wine or stock and simmer until the alcohol cooks off.
- Add the tomato, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer uncovered to evaporate half the liquid.