Sooo things have been veeerrry quiet around here, but I’m hoping I’m back on track now, and you can expect more regular posts and recipes again. In fact, I will be sending out some newly updated Dish & Delite downloads to those on my mailing list soon – so please pop along and sign up if you’d like a spruced up copy of my Lunchbox Planner or the Fruit & Veggie Rainbow checklist I’ve put together.
Little H turned one in May… I can’t believe it! But, we now have a toddler on our hands (eeek how did that happen!!!) and if he can’t do it himself and while standing, he’s really not interested in doing it… So finger foods it is at the moment. On that theme, I’ve been playing around with meatball recipes for the past while and ended up with two I really like, the chicken and apple meatballs below and chicken with zucchini and parmesan ones that I used in a delicious Harvest Bowls recipe for ADSA on their Nutrition Confidence blog. I’d highly recommend you check them both out!
- 250 g chicken mince
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 sweet apple, coursley grated
- ½ cup fresh wholewheat or low GI bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon chicken stock powder
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to season
- Combine the meatball ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon to measure, divide the mixture into 20, roll each meatball between your hands to form 20 small balls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan with a shallow coating of vegetable oil and cook the meatballs in batches until lightly golden on all sides and cooked through.
- Once cooked, place on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.