A local supermarket sells little pots of yoghurt with a fruit coulis layer to mix through – delicious, a real favourite of mine. Over the weekend I made a batch of all-fruit berry coulis to jar up and add to yoghurt as part of a breakfast or snack – quick, easy and a tasty fruity boost to pull out mid-week…
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries (I used ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped and ½ cup frozen blueberries)
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine the berries lemon juice and apple juice and bring to the boil. Lightly mash the berries with a fork.
- Simmer for a few minutes until a runny jam consistency.
- Cool and refrigerate until cold and syrupy.
- Serve with plain yoghurt and fresh berries.