For this month’s Recipe Redux we are sharing “Fantastic Freezer Meals“:
Share your tips and tricks for making one – or more freezer meals. It’s the end of the gardening season for some of us; let’s store away that produce in heat-and-eat-from-the-freezer-meals. Show how convenient healthy freezer breakfast, lunches or dinners can be!
I am extremely fond of freezer meals! I find a certain sense of calm and satisfaction when I have a stocked pantry and a little stash of meals in the freezer ‘for a rainy (read lazy) day’. Some of the favourite recipes on this blog that freeze well:
- Chicken & chickpea curry
- Minestrone soup
- Chicken and vegetable lasagne
- Cheese & herb muffins
- Chicken cacciatore
- Crustless bacon & mushroom quiche
- Savoury mince
- 30 Day bran muffins
For this month’s ReDux, I’m sharing a roasted tomato sauce recipe, to help you preserve your Summer tomatoes to enjoy their fresh flavour year round.
- 1.5 kg tomatoes, remove stem and halve
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or 4 tsp crushed garlic
- 3 tsp dried mixed herbs
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Line a large oven tray with tin foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread tomatoes evenly across tray.
- Top with even spread of garlic, onion slices and dried herbs. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast at 180'C for an hour.
- Let cool, season with salt and pepper, then blend the mixture into a thick sauce with a stick blender.
- Freeze sauce in sterile glass containers or freezer bags.
Don’t forget to check out the links below to see what other ReDux’ers have got up to this month.