I love homemade breads but rarely find the time to make them – this golden microwave mealie bread to SO quick and easy to make and works really well as a braai or grilled meat side dish with some colourful salads!
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 150ml mealie meal
- 100ml oat bran
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 125ml fat-free milk
- 1 tin whole kernel corn, drained or 250g frozen corn
- Spray a microwave safe dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowel or jug mix the oil, eggs and milk together. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the corn and mix well.
- Pour into the microwave dish and microwave at 70% power for 12 minutes, then 100% power for 2 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.