I’ve mentioned before that my other half is a very keen mountain biker. This weekend him and a friend are doing the Giants Castle Challenge, a 75km mountain bike race. In the run-up to this event they’ve been taking their training & nutrition very seriously and I’ve been experimenting with different energy bars & biscuits for them to use as on-the-go snacks.
Packed with ingredients and energy – these oat, coconut, peanut, M&M, raisin cookies earn themselves the name: everything-but-the-kitchen-sink energy biscuits.
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup coconut
- ¾ cup cake flour
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas
- ⅓ cup roasted, salted peanuts
- ⅓ cup M&M’s
- Blend margarine, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add coconut, flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and combine.
- Fold in oats, raisins, peanuts and M&M’s.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper. Place small, loosely formed balls of the biscuit dough on the baking sheet and gently flatten each.
- Bake for 180°C for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.