Mmmm a hint of garlic, eggs, cheese, mushrooms, spinach… not much more this girl would ask for. Spinach is a veggie I have fallen hard for as an adult. It wasn’t something I ate much of growing up, but now I can’t get enough of it… add it to everything!
Breakfast-for-dinner (BFD) is very popular in our house but I’ve served these for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’ve even frozen them to take to work later in the week.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- heaped ½ cup (65 g) of frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- a splash of milk
- pinch of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to season
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar or mozarella cheese
- 2 multiseed wraps
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Warm through and wilt down the spinach in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, in a frying pan. Transfer the cooked spinach to a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, in the frying pan. Remove and combine with the cooked spinach.
- Lastly scramble your egg mixture in the frying pan and combine them with the spinach and mushrooms to complete your filling.
- To make the quesadillas: Sprinkle one wrap with ½ the cheese across ½ the tortilla, leaving a small border around the edge. Top with half the egg mixture, then fold the empty wrap half over the filling. Repeat for with your second wrap.
- To cook, wipe out the frying pan and lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray, then place on a medium heat. Place an assembled quesadilla (cheese-side down first) in the pan to toast on both sides until golden and the cheese is melted, about 5-6 minutes total. Cut into triangles and serve warm.
For more tasty breakfast recipes check out the Dish & Delite Breakfast Archives.