The Recipe ReDux theme for this month is Favorite Chocolate Matches
Does your chocolate need a friend? This month’s posting will be after Valentines Day, so you may have a bit of extra chocolate around. What’s your favorite chocolate match? Be it traditional peanut butter or something more exotic like cayenne + chocolate. Show us your favorite healthy chocolate combo recipe.
My favourite chocolate combo’s are about flavour, as well as texture. For me, you can’t get much better than chocolate and nuts! Extra chocolate around is not a problem we often face in our home – other half and I both love chocolate – we did however have trailmix that I’d thrown together a while back that we had been munching through – and so the below little morels came about…
- ¾ cup chocolate - I used a half/half mixture of dark and milk chocolate
- ½ tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup trailmix - I combine unsalted peanuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins & sultanas
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Fold in the trailmix.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Be sure to check out below what other Recipe ReDux’ers have got up to this month.
What’s your favourite chocolate match?